Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Amazing Day!

We had our first actual appointment with the OB yesterday and were fortunate enough to be able to hear our little one's heartbeat for the first time! I was a nervous wreck going into the appointment - worried that we wouldn't be able to hear the heartbeat or even worse that there wouldn't be a heartbeat, but after a little looking, Dr. Hulst was able to find it and it was loud and clear just beating away.

I cried, Elliot was beaming... it was the most amazing experience to hear that and to be able to share that with my best friend and the love of my life made it even more special!!!

The doctor said everything looked great and he would see me again in 4 weeks. Here's hoping for an uneventful 4 weeks!!!

I have also started showing a small baby bump now too! (We will take pictures soon) I was at the mall with my aunt and grandma to go see a movie on Friday and my pants were just too tight so I ended up stopping to buy a belly band and have been wearing it every day with my normal pants... what a wonderful invention!!!

Tomorrow I am heading to Howell to go see my Aunt Kim and the twins with my grandma - and Kim is being so awesome and giving me her maternity clothes (she was pregnant during the summer for both of her pregnancies!) So I am definitely looking forward to that!!!

Still feeling pretty good... slight nausea when I don't eat right away, and definite reaction to certain smells... But nothing that is unbearable, and since we are already at 11 weeks, I'm hoping that we are in the clear in terms of morning sickness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment