Thursday, August 12, 2010

36 weeks, 1 day!

Wow, I cant believe how quickly this time has flown by! I am less than 4 weeks from my due date and just cant believe it. I have been terrible at updating the blog... we were without internet for awhile (6 weeks) and I have been keeping busy with wrapping up the nursery and remodel.

Lets see, I had a doctors appointment tonight - I was told I am measuring right on with my belly size, her heart rate was at 156 and she is head down. I have no clue if I am dialated yet - he didnt check. But I am OK with that because I know if I was slightly dialated that I would be hoping for an early delivery! :) She is welcome to come any time... her nursery is ready, but her dad is terribly busy at work and would prefer she waits a little longer to enter this world :)

I have been feeling pretty good, definately getting to the uncomfortable stage - its hard to get in and out of bed, and its difficult to fall asleep due to frequent heartburn. I take tums to calm it down but then that makes me thirsty, which in turn makes me have to go to the bathroom a lot... really a downward spiral. So I dont sleep the best at night but have become very good at napping during the day (thank goodness for that!)

She has her active times, mostly in the evening - and its fun to watch my belly move around on its own. I like to sit with my shirt pulled up so I can just watch it. Its even more fun when Elliot is across the room and can see it!!!

We do have some big news for the week - the remodel is officially DONE! We had our final building, electrical and plumbing inspections this week and passed all of them, so we are good to go and dont have to worry about that anymore! We had some friends who are contractors come help wrap up trim and whatnot, so we are seriously done. There are a few little things like painting the shelf in the closet, mounting the tv to the wall and that sort of (tiny) detail, but nothing that will be too difficult to wrap up as we get time.

All in all Life is pretty good right now - we could do without the heat and humidity, but I am very thankful for my cool house and air conditioning that it has...

I am trying to upload pictures of the nursery but for some reason I keep getting an error message. I will try again tomorrow... so stay tuned!

1 comment: